6 reasons why you need a high chair 0
Introducing solid foods to your infant is a fun and exciting time for parents. Watching your child discover new tastes and textures is always a great experience and it is a unique bonding time with baby. Before having my first child, I always assumed high chairs were just bulky contraptions that served no real purpose. Boy was I wrong! Here are 6 reasons why you really need to invest in a high chair.
1. They are safe. You don’t have to worry about your child falling off of or out of a high chair as long as the harness is secured. Also, for young infants who are just starting to gain more muscle in their necks, high chairs with a recline can accommodate infants from 4-5 months old. While young babies are still learning how to sit up on their own, you can rest assured that your baby will be properly supported in a high chair. Most high chairs also have a 3 point or a 5 point harness to buckle them in – perfect for any little escape artist.
This Mickey Mouse High Chair has 3 recline positions for all life stages.
2. Easier to the feed baby. When your child is in a high chair, it is a lot easier to feed them. You can face them and spoon feed them a lot easier. The high chair tray is also great to place a few tiny finger foods and allow them to feed themselves. Learning to use their fingers and feeding themselves is a very important milestone and it sets the stage for much more than eating food.
While not exactly a high chair, this booster has the added convenience of a space-saving design. Strapped to another chair, this booster gives enough height to save parent's backs during feeding time.
3. Helps practice and develop good dining habits. When in a high chair, your little one is learning how to eat at a dinner table. This is by practicing good dining habits. They start to understand what meal times are and when we eat throughout the day. When sitting in the high chair they will learn to anticipate that now is eating time and will be less resistant to eating in the future. This is especially important to develop early on because toddlers are notoriously picky eaters! (Trust me, I have one!)
This high chair is great because it folds flat in seconds and its maximum height is 50 lbs!
4. Easy cleanup. This sounds like a no brainer but trust me, kids make huge, out of this world messes with their food. I found the messiest stage was between 12 months to about 2 years, peaking at 18 months and the ease of high chair clean up was a lifesaver. High chairs have a special layer of plastic that makes clean up a breeze (try to get dried up puree off a wooden table--it's a nightmare) and they are often equipped with machine washable padding and dishwasher safe trays.
This is a such a neat idea: easy to clean booster with an included adult chair protector.
5. Helps develop independent eating habits. Having your child in a high chair is a great way to help them develop independent eating. It is here that they can learn how to use feeding utensils such as spoon and fork along with bowls and plates. The high chair tray makes all of these items much easier for them to get a hold of. This is great for gross motor development.
This high chair enables children to safely self-seat with minimal assistance from parents or caregiver, which builds self confidence in the child while minimizing back strain for the parent or caregiver.
6. Easy to Supervise. Having a child in a high chair makes it very easy to supervise them. They can’t crawl or go anywhere and you can keep them busy in a high chair with food while you work on something else such as washing the dishes after a meal. I have many fond memories of strapping my son into his high chair while he munched on cheerios and he and I "cooked" together. Many toys are made specifically for high chairs with suction cups that allow parents to stick the toy to the tray.
This booster has a cool built-in toy tray for your children.
The tray is easily removed once food is ready to be served.
Have you seen our Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Branded Merchandise? 0
Avoiding the highway to hell: 7 tips to survive your first road trip with baby 0
All About High Chairs 0
All About High Chairs
When to use a High Chair:
When your baby reaches approximately 4-6 months of age, the time is right for them to be eating their meals sitting in a high chair. More importantly than their age, the factor to consider is when your baby can sit upright without any assistance. If they have been sitting up unaided for several minutes at time, you should try feeding him or her in a high chair for the added benefits and convenience high chairs offer. Ok so now that you know when your baby is ready for a high chair, let’s discuss choosing the right high chair.
Safety and Durability:
The most important thing when choosing the right high chair for your baby is its safety and durability. Look for a high chair with a well-designed and simple to use security strap or harness. This system will make sure your baby will stay in the chair, no matter how much they wiggle and play. Ideally the strap should have a part that goes across the baby`s waist as well as a part that goes between the legs to ensure that the child doesn`t slip down the seat. As you might imagine, mealtimes can be a wriggly affair. Whichever high chair you choose, check that the base of the chair design is significantly wider than the chair itself thus creating a more stable structure - you need to be sure that no matter how much dancing and bouncing goes on, the high chair will stay put exactly where you want it.
Ease of Use:
Also the ease of use must be a factor so ensure that the tray can be effortlessly moved (or even better-removed completely) to allow your baby to be easily put in and taken out of the high chair. Remember you will often need to use this tray mechanism while you are holding your baby, so ease of use is paramount. Your baby will make a much bigger mess than you would ever think was possible! The design and construction of the tray and chair is something that must be carefully looked at too. Even with the most delicate of eaters, the tray and chair will inevitably get covered with food and drink spills. All the surfaces need to be easily reached to be cleaned, with few nooks or crannies that will hide food and cause bacterial build up and smells. You want the padded seat covers to be able to be easily removed and machine washable.
Attractive High Chairs:
Here at Simple Baby Necessities, we feel it is vital for parents not to sacrifice their taste or the look of their home for their baby. We have found that if parents sacrifice too much they end up feeling gypped or like they lost too much of what they had before. When parents feel resentment it isn’t fair to anyone in the family. So get a high chair that fits your lifestyle and your existing taste. Get a high chair you are proud to have visible and one that even coordinates with colors in your dining room and/or kitchen. Your baby will eat often, and you don’t want to be ashamed of the high chair or feel like it is an eye sore. Make a wise investment with the money you spend on your baby.
Folding or Adjusting High Chairs:
It is helpful to have a high chair that is able to be folded and easily stored. This way you can easily store your baby’s high chair if you have parties or company and there isn’t always enough room for it. It is also much easier to save folding high chairs for younger siblings. It is also helpful for your baby’s high chair is adjustable in height. Not only does this accommodate the growing length of your baby over time, but it also means you can get the chair and tray at exactly the right height for the person doing the feeding, making for a simple mealtime with as little back strain as possible. A happy grown-up helps make a happy baby. Here at Simple Baby Necessities, we feel anything you can do to save time and money without sacrificing safety is very important!
Buy from the Best:
Remember to go only use a reputable supplier like Simple Baby Necessities for your important high chair purchase. Make use of sales and special offers, and be proud of the money you saved on your high chair purchase. When shopping with us you get a lowest price guarantee, no tax charge, and fast, free shipping. Shop with us and make your mealtimes fun, safe and comfortable for your baby and yourself.